Tuesday 18 May 2010

sometimes you have to throw your hand into the fire

And here she is.  A bit rough and tumble, a little discombobulated- but all back together.. I am still trying to understand the connotations involved with the addition of color., and weather  or not that adds or takes away from the work. 







The poignancy of the work lies in the thin balance between the realistic form and the creation of unimaginable configurations.  The person has been put together. 
A series of parts to make a whole- an investigation into the oddity that is the human form I live in.  I found it rather strange to work with a copy of myself as it was simply a form instead of me- the disconection between the fact that it was not me in the slightest was a subconscious battle.  It took me some time to be able to cut the form up.  Once I did, it was a liberating feeling.  I was able to look at the smaller pieces and figure out how I would put it back together. Some days you feel like you are just falling apart, and you have to pull it together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment